Regular car seats are for adults and most safety regulations for different countries demand that unique booster seats are used for children and young adults. In your search for the best addition to your car for the comfort of your child, you need to make a wise choice. There are definitely wide ranges of car seat boosters you can check out, however you must develop a criterion for finding the one that best suits your style and child. Car boosters help restrain the child to the car seat in bid to improve their safety when you are driving.
How to choose the right booster seat
It may seem like a tough decision, however, finding the best car booster seats should be easy when you have specified your needs. There are a number of features to look for in your ultimate choice after concluding the search. Now that you know the main sole purpose of a booster seat is to improve the outcome of an accident, here is what you need to look for when searching for a car booster seat in Australia.
Age of the occupant
From the infancy stage to when they do not need the car booster seat anymore, your child will need a special booster as they grow up. It is only proper for you to know the age restrictions around which car booster seat to choose. Children under the age of six months should get rear facing restraints, those aging from six months to four years, the forward facing restraint is alright, however booster seats will be needed should the child be more than four years to the limit age which is seven years.
Height of the occupant
How tall is the occupant of the seat you want to purchase? The child’s height will have to be measured using a shoulder height marker. There are measuring instructions your child will adhere to like facing ahead in the rear seat as their measurements are taken. This helps you choose the best car booster seat that will improve the safety of the occupants of the car.
Proof of meeting safety demands
It is obvious that your child will face the highest risk in case of an accident because in any case infants and pets are the most affected. Your choice of seat must acknowledge the fact that the seats you want to purchase have been approved as safe. In Australia, purchasing car seats that does not meet the Australian/New Zealand Standard 1754 sums up to a crime that is punishable by law. It will also give you peace of mind knowing that all has been done to keep the occupant safe in the worse scenarios who could be your child in this case.
Check out the straps before purchase
Have you tried practicing with the straps before you make your purchase? It is about time you find the booster seat that is easy to work with as you may be dealing with it for a long time to come. The head or backrest needs to reposition automatically as you make any adjustments to it. You need to be certain that the safety and comfort of the seat will definitely meet your needs or those of your child or pet.
Top Booster Seats to Purchase in Australia
Maxi Cosi Rodi AP Booster
With a whooping rating of 4.7 out of 5 Stars on most of its reviews, this seat makes one of the ideal options for consideration and will fit your budget perfectly. The lightweight nature of the booster is ideal for installation and easier transfer. There is also a seatbelt unique for the booster occupant helping you secure your child when you are driving. It also has cool baby wicking fabric that is great for absorbing moisture from the skin of your child hence amplifying the comfort levels in your car. It is, however only suited for children that are aged four to six years and can be adjusted into two positions that are regular sitting position and the recliner version for improved comfort.
- Will come with a 10-year warranty that you can count on in case the hardware does or hold up to the test of time
- The booster fabric is availed with 3 years warranty on it
- The booster fabric is a washable version that can be cleaned using washing machines
- Unlike most items on this list, it does not come with cup holders
- The recline function or feature might be complicating to first time users
InfaSecure Versatile Folding Booster
This is by far one of the ideal lightweight booster seats you can get for your car among other items on this list. It goes without saying that it is a top seller you should keep in mind when looking for the best booster. Australians love it for the features it has improving not just the comfort of the users but also their safety in case of any emergencies like accidents. Besides supporting children on a wide range of features like backrest, light weight and easy installation are just but a few reasons to mention why it is instrumental.
- Has a smooth folding mechanism for when you are not using it
- Super lightweight and it is easy to install
- Has removable covers that are availed in diverse colors and can be cleaned using a washing machine
- It is more solid compared to a few other seats which mitigates its comfort levels
- Not ideal for long distance travel as could cause amplified fatigue to the occupant
BabyLove Ezy Combo II Booster Seat
If you are looking for a top quality product but affordable from this list then this might as well be it, thanks to its price tag. It can be sold for as low as $300, however its merits outdo the cost as you will later on learn reading this. The seat has been fitted with submarine features that reduce impact of accident on the occupant which is a safety feature to protect your child. Besides being easy to install, they have also been designed to be comfortable, thanks to the soft head pillow, harness pads, cup holders, armrests and even the padded insert.
- It is sold with a car seat protector mat that you need
- The seat can cover wide age range from six months to about 8 years of age
- Its size consumes a lot of seat space in the car limiting the number of occupants that could be in the car
- A few customers find car seats to the booster
Safety First Convertible Solo Booster
This is the perfect hit when you are looking for an item that costs you well under $500 but definitely meet the quality of your needs. It remains among the best-selling booster seats from Amazon that Australians keep buying. It can not only be used when your child is a few months old but its use can also be extended as they grow, thanks to the adjustments that can be made over time. The design is lightweight and installation is even easier for any car user.
- The seat is easy to install and fit in your car
- The covers are removable and washable either by hand or machine depending on your choice
- There are retractable cup holders for carrying food for the infant or baby
- Its slim design does not support larger children who may be of the same age
- The height of the seat may affect vision of rear vision mirror view needed as third eye for drivers
Safety First Apex Ap Booster Seat
Besides its high rating on seller sites like amazon, this item makes list as one of the affordable items you can get on budget. Their narrow designs make them ideal for the car seat and it comes with six points of adjustments that allows your growing child to use it for some time. It is comfortable like any other item in this list, thanks to its ventilation mesh that comes in perfect for air flow during the hot seasons for the booster seat occupant.
- Comes with a 6-year warranty with it considering what a hefty purchase it is and how safe you are being warranted for it
- The cover of the booster can also be easily removed and washed with a machine making work easier
- Narrow seat design makes it hard to fit heavy or big children
- It also comes with unharnessed booster heat
Traveling safe with your child is all any parent wants and that is the reason the market has diverse booster options with unique features for you to choose from. A number of factors have to be determined during your search as you will learn front the introductory text. There are also a lot of benefits associated with getting the right booster which will be easy for those that do in depth research. It is worth noting that purchasing these boosters for your child allows you to kill two birds with one stone by complying with road safety regulations in Australia and also improving the comfort and safety of your child when you are driving.